Closure of Office & Library
We will be closed on Tuesday, 6 November, for the big move of Faculty & Admin offices to the Library. If you need to contact any of the Faculty members or staff on that day, please leave a message in the voicemail and we will revert to you as soon as we can. Please note that the main phone line (3538071) will be non-functional for a few hours on Wednesday morning. If you need to contact us on Wednesday, please call 3538073 instead. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are grateful to Helping Hand for assistance with the move.
BGST Library Continues to Serve
Users of BGST Library may be wondering, with the changes they are seeing, what is happening as regards the usage of this library. We want to assure everyone that the Mission of BGST Library remains the same. We want to serve, not just our own students, but the general Christian public. Please note:
- Everyone is welcome to come and browse. No membership fee is charged for this. There is limited space for sitting down at a table to read. So until we can have our own campus (please pray with us in this regard) we will need to make do with the present tight space in our Library. Do not be disappointed if you are unable to find a reading table.
- We welcome all Christians to join as Members of BGST Library so that they can have borrowing privileges. (Members of our host church, Zion BPC, do not need to pay the membership fee of $50 per year, but they will need like others to pay the refundable deposit of $100 when joining our Library). Currently we have about 200 members.
- BGST students, please note that reading space is reserved for students doing their thesis or ministry project. All other regular users of the Library will use the general reading tables. We are trying to open up a reading room for QUIET study. Until this can be provided it may be best for students to inform the Librarian if you need to have table space for any substantial amount of time.
"Walking with Jesus" - our Bible Lands Study Tour to Israel, Dec 5-14, is on! We have been asked whether or not it is too late to register. The answer is "no": we are able to extend the deadline to Friday, November 9. A copy of the itinerary, together the cost, may be requested from Serene Woon, (tel.3538071). It is also available at the BGST Library Notice Board. Dr Quek will be glad to answer any other queries (tel. 97865044).
BGST End-of-the-Year Appeal. Praise God we have so far received one pledge gift of $5,000 and eleven pledges (or their equivalent) of $1,000. To meet our operational expenses for the remainder of this year we need you to pray for God to supply:
- four more pledges of $5,000 each
- fourteen more pledges of $1,000 each.
Mission Trip Experience. Anyone who wishes to accompany Dr Quek on a short overnight mission trip to Endau-Rompin area on Dec 21-22, Friday to Saturday, is welcome to do so. Request from him an itinerary
(firstname.lastname@example.org). The visit will be to three Chinese-speaking mission churches and two Malay-speaking orang asli churches. This should prove to be a welcome break from the routine for some of you.
Dr Douglas Milne and his wife Joan will be back in Singapore for a short time this month. They are the guests of the Evangelical Reformed Churches in Singapore. Hear Dr Milne speak on "The Reformed Family, Then and Now" at the First Evangelical Reformed Church, 263 Yio Chu Kang Road:
Thursday, 15 November, 7.30-9.30 pm, THE BIBLICAL FAMILY (1) - Its Revival During the Reformation. This will be a brief history of the Reformation and its influence on the family.
Friday, 16 November, 7.30-9.30 pm, THE BIBLICAL FAMILY (2). - Its Decline Today and an Urgent Call to Reform. This will be a brief survey of the deterioration of family values and a clarion call to return to the Bible.
Saturday, 17 November 10.00am - 4.00 pm, An Adjunct programme by Dr Milne and other speakers.