1. EASTER APPEAL. Praise God for 26 persons so far who have responded with a total giving of $24,780 towards our total need of $100,000. We are looking to the Lord for 13 more to give $5,000 each and 10 more to give $1,000 each. We appreciate gifts of any amount. We acknowledge each gift with a letter. Kindly let us have your return address. But if you wish to remain anonymous, we would like to inform you that all such gifts will be acknowledged individually in BTW so that you can be sure that your gift has been received. Please join us in prayer for the remaining amount that is needed for our operational expenses.
2. COURSES IN TERM 3, 2002. For those who plan ahead, here is a glimpse of the courses that will be offered:
ADDITIONALLY, some students have approached us concerning the following required courses. If you would like to take these in Semester II (from July 2002), kindly let us know so that we can ascertain if a video class can be run for: (1) Biblical Hermeneutics & Interpretation, HE101, 3 credits; (2) Introduction to Church History, CH 101, 3 credits.
- New Testament Foundations II (Dr Quek SH, commending 24 Jun, Mon, 7.30-9.30pm)
- Old Testament Foundations I (Dr P Satterthwaite, commencing 9 Jul, Tue, 7.30-9.30pm)
- Principles & Practices in Worship & Speech (Rev Ng SC, commencing 26 Jun, Wed, 7.30-9.30pm)
- Skills in Lay Counselling II (videoclass,Rev Dr Tan S Y/Mr Yam Keng Mun, commencing 26 Jun, Wed, 7.30-9.30pm)
- The Christology of the New Testament (videoclass, Dr Colin Warner/Dr Quek SH, commencing 27 Jun, Thu, 7.30-9.30pm)
- The Educational Ministry of the Church (Dr Ng PC, commencing 4 Jul, Thu, 7-10pm)
- Understanding Esther and Ruth (Dr P Satterthwaite, commencing 12 Jul, Fri, 7.30-9.30pm)
- Biblical Basis of Missions (Rev Dr David Harley, commencing 19 Jul, Fri,
3. "TREASURING THE NEW TESTAMENT." On Monday, Apr 22, 7.30-9.30 pm in the main sanctuary of our Bishan Campus, Dr Quek Swee Hwa will give a Special Lecture cum Slide Presentation on the New Testament. Part One will comprise showing of a Presentation of "Journeying with Paul" and "The Seven Churches of Asia" and will be specially relevant for those who are interested in joining Dr Quek in a 13-day Bible Lands Study Tour to Turkey and Greece this year. The dates are: Nov 25, Monday, leaving Singapore for Istanbul, at 2315 hrs. Returning to Singapore on Dec 7, Saturday, at 1620 hrs.
Those interested in a longer stay may opt for a 5-day extension to either of the three destinations: Cairo, Israel, or Rome. The extension group(s) will return to Singapore on Thursday, Dec 12 at 1620 hrs. For more
information, call Serene Woon at 63538071. Part Two will be a talk on treasuring the New Testament in understanding it, preaching from it and cherishing it despite denials of its authority and trustworthiness.