In recognition of the growing interest among churches and laity for theological training that is flexible and of a shorter duration, BGST is offering two Certificate programmes:
– Certificate in Biblical Studies (CBS) and
– Certificate in Theological Studies (CTS)
Each certificate is a 12-credit programme aimed at providing students with a foundational understanding of either biblical or theological studies.
Churches may collaborate with BGST to offer these certificates as part of their education initiatives.
Each certificate can be completed at a full-time (6 months) or part-time basis (max 2 years).
- CERTIFICATE IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Old Testament Foundations I (OT101)
- New Testament Foundations I (NT101) or
New Testament Foundations II (NT102)
- Biblical Interpretation and Hermeneutics (HE101)
- 3 credits of Biblical electives (OT/NT)
- CERTIFICATE IN THEOLOGICAL STUDIES
- The Christian Faith (TS101)
- History of Christianity I (CH101) or
History of Christianity II (CH102)
- Spirituality for Christian Formation (CS101) or
Vocation, Work and Ministry (MM101)
- 3 credits of either theology (TS), church history (CH), inter-cultural studies (ID), spirituality (CS) or marketplace studies (MM) electives.
*NOTE: Credits earned from these certificates are entirely transferable to our postgraduate programmes. Upon successful completion of both certificates, students would require only another 6 credits to obtain a Graduate Diploma in Christian Studies.