Dr Quek Swee Hwa
Founding Principal Emeritus
BA (Shelton College)
BD (Faith Theological Seminary)
MA (University of Pennsylvania)
PhD (University of Manchester)
Postgraduate studies at Temple University, Philadelphia; University of Cambridge; and Hebrew University, Jerusalem
Dr Quek Swee Hwa is the Founding Principal Emeritus of BGST.
- ‘Adam and Christ : an Exegetical Study of the Pauline Analogy in the Light of the History of Interpretation’ (Ph.D., Manchester, 1970. Supervisor: Prof. F.F. Bruce. External Examiner : Prof. C.K. Barrett).
- ‘Legislative History of Church-State Issues in Scottish Education, 1850-1875’ (M.A., 1966, University of Pennsylvania. Supervisor: Professor William W. Brickman).
- ‘Adam and Christ According to Paul’ in Pauline Studies – Esssays presented to F F Bruce (Editors: Donald Hagner & Murray J. Harris. Exeter: Paternoster Press, 1980).
- ‘The Fourth Commandment – God’s Time or My Time?’ in A Light for Our Path. Reflections on the Ten Commandments. (Editors: Lawrence Chan & Aw Swee Eng. Singapore: Graduates Christian Fellowship, 1983).
- Quek Swee Hwa, Confucian Ethics – A Christian Appraisal, Confucian Ethics Study Team, Teachers’ Christian Fellowship (Singapore), 1984.
- ‘Seventy Times Seven’ in Hedges & Edges. A Compendium for Social Workers, Counsellors & Family Therapists, edited by Lim K. Tham & Lynette Balotta. Singapore: Care Corner Singapore, 2002.
- R. Laird Harris, Swee-Hwa Quek, & Robert Vannoy (eds), Interpretation and History – Essays in Honour of Dr Allan A. MacRae, Singapore: Christian Life Publishers, 1986.
- Biblical Christianity. Letters from Professor Allan A. MacRae. Compiler, Quek Swee Hwa. Singapore: Christian Life Publishers, 1994.
- Serve the Lord with Gladness – Essays on the Life and Mission of the Church in Honour of Quek Swee Hwa. (Editors, Howard Peskett & David Wong. Singapore: Manna, 1991.