Dr Tan Seng Kong
Director of Online Education & Lecturer in Systematic & Spiritual Theology
BA (National University of Singapore)
BArch (National University of Singapore)
MATS (Regent College, Vancouver)
PhD (Princeton Theological Seminary)
- “Emanation and Remanation”: Trinitarian Self-Communication as the Ground and Goal of Human Participation in God in the Thought of Jonathan Edwards.
- TS101: The Christian Faith (TS101)
- TS211 and TS212: Theological Foundations I & II
- TS252: Christian Ethics
- TS217: Salvation in Christ
- CS211: Ancient Wisdom for Everyday Christianity: Reading the Spiritual Classics of Christianity (with effect from 2018)
- CS101: Christian Spirituality I: Foundations for Everyday Life (Team Teaching with Lai Pak Wah)
- CS102: Christian Spirituality II: Practices for Discernment and Discipleship (Practicum to be launched in 2018. Mentor)
- BGST Church History Tour: Reformation to 20th Century (2017)
- The Doctrine of the Trinity in John Wesleys Prose and Poetic Works, Journal for Christian Theological Research 7 (2002): 3-14, http://www2.luthersem.edu/ctrf/JCTR/Vol07/Seng-Kong.pdf.
- Review of The Social God and the Relational Self: A Trinitarian Theology of the Imago Dei, by Stanley J. Grenz, Koinonia Journal 15 (2003): 150-153.
- Calvins Doctrine of Our Union with Christ, Quodlibet Online Journal of Christian Theology and Philosophy 5, no. 4 (October 2003), http://www.quodlibet.net/articles/tan-union.shtml.
- A Trinitarian Ontology of Missions, International Review of Missions 93, no. 369 (April 2004): 279-296.
- Trinitarian Action in the Incarnation, in Jonathan Edwards as Contemporary: Essays in Honor of Sang Hyun Lee, ed. Don Schweitzer (New York: Peter Lang, 2010), 127-150.
- Fullness Received and Returned: Trinity and Participation in Jonathan Edwards (Fortress Press, 2014).
- Jonathan Edwardss Dynamic Idealism and Cosmic Christology, in Idealism and Christian Theology, ed. Joshua R. Farris and S. Mark Hamilton (Bloomsbury Academic, 2016).
- Incarnation, in The Jonathan Edwards Encyclopedia, ed. Harry S. Stout (Eerdmans, 2017)
- “Learning from Jonathan Edwards Toward a Trinitarian Theology of Action and Contemplation”, in The Global Edwards, ed. Rhys S. Bezzant (Wipf & Stock, 2017).
- Pneumatology [tentative title], in Jonathan Edwards and Karl Barth: Innovations and Dialogue in the Reformed Tradition, ed. Uche Anizor and Kyle Strobel (Fortress Press, forthcoming)