– Certificate in Biblical Studies (CBS) and
– Certificate in Theological Studies (CTS)
Each certificate is a 12-credit programme aimed at providing students with a foundational understanding of either biblical or theological studies.
Churches may collaborate with BGST to offer these certificates as part of their education initiatives.
Each certificate can be completed at a full-time (6 months) or part-time basis (max 2 years).
- CERTIFICATE IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Old Testament Foundations I (OT101)
- New Testament Foundations I (NT101) or
New Testament Foundations II (NT102)
- Biblical Interpretation and Hermeneutics (HE101)
- 3 credits of Biblical electives (OT/NT)
- CERTIFICATE IN THEOLOGICAL STUDIES
- The Christian Faith (TS101)
- History of Christianity I (CH101) or
History of Christianity II (CH102)
- Christian Spirituality I: Foundations for Everyday Life (CS101) AND Christian Spirituality II: Practices for Discernment and Discipleship (CS102)* OR Vocation, Work And Ministry I: What God Thinks of Our Daily Work and our Ministry in Church (MM101A) AND Vocation, Work And Ministry II: How Do I Discern What God has Called Me To Do? (MM101B)
- 3 credits of either theology (TS), church history (CH), inter-cultural studies (ID), spirituality (CS) or marketplace studies (MM) electives.
Credits earned from these certificates are entirely transferable to our postgraduate programmes. Upon successful completion of both certificates, students would require only another 6 credits to obtain a Graduate Diploma in Christian Studies.
Students who have audited all four courses prescribed in either the CBS or CTS will be awarded a Certificate of Participation (COP). This is subject to them fulfilling a 75% attendance record for each of the four courses.
CS102 is a mentoring program therefore thefee is different. The fee is S$450.