Certificate in Spiritual Transformation (CSF)
Christ has called us to cultivate a deeper and more intimate relationship with him. Our spiritual formation, however, can be hindered in two ways. Some of us may be comfortable with understanding faith cognitively, but may wrestle with how imagination and emotions fit into Christian formation. Others may struggle to differentiate a human experience with an authentic encounter with God. For these reasons, there is a crucial need for personal spiritual discernment and more importantly, co-discernment in community and with experienced guides. Through this Certificate in Spiritual Formation, BGST hopes to help Christians establish a biblical understanding of spiritual formation and how to apply it.
The CSF is right for you if:
- You desire to grow and lead others in the journey of spiritual formation
- You are a leader already involved in a small home groups
- You are an church ministry leader who wants to be equipped to accompany fellow Christians in their spiritual journey
- You are an individual who desires to be involved in intergenerational ministry as a spiritual guide
- You are a marketplace Christian who aspires to bring spiritual formation into your workplaces in creative ways
Students can choose to take more than one BGST Certificate. To do so, overlapping courses may be substituted by courses from the same course category.
The credits earned through this certificate are transferable to our accredited diploma and masters programmes.
Churches may collaborate with BGST to offer these certificates as part of their theological education initiatives.
One to two years (part-time)
- Applicants must have completed a minimum A-levels
- The minimum average grade for graduation is B- or (GPA of 2.8).
Proof of English proficiency may be required for international students
- TOEFL Required Scores:
- Paper-based = 550 points
- Computer-based = 213 points
- Internet-based = 78 points
- IELTS Required Score: 6
To be eligible to graduate with a Certificate, a student must have:
- Satisfactorily completed all requirements (12 credits) for the programme by the end of April
- Attained a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8
- Submitted a completed Application for Graduation form to the Registrar’s Office by 31 March of the year they wish to graduate
- No outstanding payments to BGST
Full CSF (12 credits) S$1,822.50* Full Payment
Fee per 3 credit/audit module S$450 / S$240
Fee per 1.5 credit/audit module S$225 / S$120
*Each student in CS102 receives one-on-one mentoring from a Spiritual Director. Thus, the fee for this course is S$450.00.
- Christian Spirituality I: Foundations for Everyday Life (CS101) 1.5cr
- Christian Spirituality II: Foundations of Practices for Discernment and Discipleship (CS102) 1.5cr*
- Biblical Interpretation and Hermeneutics (HE101) 3cr
- Supervised Ministry (CS291) 1.5cr
- CS Electives 4.5cr
Credits earned from certificates are entirely transferable to BGST diplomas and masters programmes.
CSF Certificate of Participation
Students who audit all 12 credits required for this certificate can apply to receive a Certificate of Participation. This is subject to them fulfilling a 75% attendance record for each of the courses.