[Past Event] Breakdown to Breakthrough: Praying through Chaos
Webinar [Past Event] Breakdown to Breakthrough: Praying through ChaosAugust 7 2020 | 08:00 AM (GMT+8)
August 7 2020 | 09:30 AM (GMT+8)
24, 31 July, 7 August 2020
Another Contemplating Covid-19 Initiative from BGST
Online Prayer + Spiritual Formation
Let God hover over your chaos.The Chinese word for "crisis" consists of two characters - danger and opportunity. In these challenging times, it is easier to see danger rather than to discern opportunity. Where is God in the midst of this? Pray with scripture and discover the essential disposition for discernment in a time of crisis, and how creation may emerge from chaos.
July 24 - Session 1
July 31 - Session 2
August 7 - Session 3
Time: 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm.
Fees: $45 for the set of 3 sessions. Pay $40 for the remaining 2 sessionsSession 1: Spiritual Freedom in a Time of Chaos
- Have i displaced my centre?
- What disposition would serve me well in this crisis?
- Who models this disposition for me in scripture?
- How might chaos be an invitation for me to bring something new to birth?
- Pray with the creation story to hear this call.
Session 3: Discernment in a Time of Chaos
- How can I make good decisions during a crisis?
- What is central to discernment?
- What are some useful discernment tools?
Location: Zoom Classroom , own study place
Lecturer : Anthony Siow
Anthony Siow is a spiritual director trained in the Ignatian tradition. Like Peter, Anthony left behind a successful advertising career to follow God's call to cast the net elsewhere. Making use of his skills and creativity in advertising, Anthony incorporates the arts and popular culture into his work as spiritual and retreat director. Anthony conducts retreats regularly for BGST and serves as a mentor for the school. He also leads silent retreats to Thailand and Australia.