|OT Foundations I (OT101) & II (OT102)||6 credits|
|NT Foundations I (NT101) & II (NT102)||6 credits|
|Biblical Hermeneutics & Interpretation (HE101)||3 credits|
|The Christian Faith (TS101)||3 credits|
|Theological Foundations I (TS211) or II (TS212)||3 credits|
|Christian Ethics (TS252)||1.5 credits|
|History of Christianity I & II (CH101/CH102)||6 credits|
|Christian Spirituality I: Foundations for Everyday Life (CS101)||1.5 credits|
|Christian Spirituality II: Practices for Discernment and Discipleship (CS102)*||1.5 credits|
|Ancient Wisdom for Everyday Spirituality: Reading the Spiritual Classics of Christianity (CS211) OR any CS elective||3 credits|
|Christianity, Culture and Society (ID101)||3 credits|
|Asian Religions in a Contemporary Age (ID211)||3 credits|
|Vocation, Work and Ministry 1 (MM101A)||1.5 credits|
|Vocation, Work and Ministry 2 (MM101B)||1.5 credits|
|MM Elective (includes any 2 IMT modules)||1.5 credits|
SUB-TOTAL (REQUIRED COURSES)
|Free electives||15 credits|
- Take 12 credits of electives from one concentration; or
- Take 6 credits of concentrationelectives and complete another 6 credits of guided study and Thesis on a topic relevant to theconcentration.
* CS101 must be taken before OR concurrently with CS102.
|THESIS OR PROJECT (OPTIONAL)||6 credits|
|a. Thesis option|
MCS Thesis (TH395)
|b. Ministry Project option|
|Guided Study||1.5 credits|
|MCS Ministry Research Project (TH393)*||4.5 credits|
|TOTAL CREDITS||60 credits|
NOTES ON CONCENTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- The entrance qualification is an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and completion of the Grad DipCS (or equivalent) with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 out of 4.0 at the graduate level. English proficiency will also be a consideration for both localand international students.
- The personal and spiritual aspects of the applicant will also be considered. Decisions made will be based upon the whole application.
- Applicants who have an undergraduate degree in biblical or theological studies may be able to transfer credits from their previous course-work. Applications should be made in writing to the Registrar, and must be accompanied by the relevant transcripts and other documentation.
- Applicants may enroll on a full-time or a part-time basis. All foreign students must register a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester.
To be eligible for graduation, a student must:
- Complete 60 credits.
- Attain a Grade Point Average 3.0.
- Submit a completed Application for Graduation form to the Registra’s Office by the end of March.
- Have no outstanding payments to BGST.
The maximum period of time for the completion of the Master in Christian Studies is 6 years.
The course fees for 1.5 credit and 3 credit courses are $225 and $450 respectively.
To receive further information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org