Dr Lai Pak Wah is lecturer of Church History and Historical Theology at BGST. A graduate from BGST (Grad Dip CS) & Regent College, Vancouver (MCS, ThM), Pak Wah completed his PhD at Durham University,where he specialised in Christianity in Late Antiquity (the history, theology and spirituality of the 2nd - 5th century church fathers, also known as Patristic Studies). Pak Wah has publicised articles and chapters on John Chrysostom’s preaching, soteriology and Trinitarian doctrine. He is also author of The Dao of Healing: Christian Perspectives of Chinese Medicine. Previously, Pak Wah was a full-time lecturer at the School of Business, Singapore Polytechnic, and engaged in investment promotion work with the Singapore Economic Development Board.
- ‘St John Chrysostom’s Theology of Christian Transformation.’ (Th.M., Regent College, 2007. Supervisor: Prof. Hans Boersma).
- John Chrysostom and the Hermeneutics of Exemplar Portraits (Ph.D, Durham University, 2011. Supervisors: Profs. Andrew Louth and Carol Harrison
- CH101, CH102: History of Christianity, I, II
- CH/ TS260: The Roots of Christianity (Introduction to Patristics)
- TS230: Christian Apologetics & Evangelism (TS 230)
- TS/ ID281: Dao of Healing: Christian Perspectives on Chinese Medicine (Seminar)
- CS211: Ancient Wisdom for Everyday Christianity: Reading the Spiritual Classics of Christianity (To be transferred to TSK)
- CS101: Christian Spirituality I: Foundations for Everyday Life (Team Teaching with Tan Seng Kong)
- CS102: Christian Spirituality II: Practices for Discernment and Discipleship (Practicum to be launched in 2018. Mentor)
- BGST Church History Tour (Italy, 1st to 15th centuries) (2014, 2015)
- BGST Church History Tour: Reformation to 20th Century (2017)
- ‘John Calvin’s Use of the Church Fathers.’CRUX 43 (2007): 14-22.
- ‘The Monk as Saint and Exemplar in John Chrysostom’s Writings.’ Studies in Church History47 (2011).
- ‘Dialogue and Ideology in the Martyrdom of Polycarp: A Bakhtinian Analysis’, StudiaPatristica 52 (2012), 37-45
- The Imago Dei and Salvation among the Antiochenes: A Comparison of John Chrysostom with Theodore of Mopsuestia, StudiaPatristica 43 (2012)
- Book Review – Christianities in Asia. Review of Christianities in Asia, ed. Peter C. Phan. West-Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. Mission Round Table: The Occasional Bulletin of OMF Mission Research. Vol. 7 (2012).
- Comparing Patristic and Chinese Medical Anthropologies: Insights for Chinese Contextual Theology. StudiaPatristica 89 (2017)
- Reading On the Priesthood as Dialogue Perspectives on John Chrysostoms Ascetic Vision, in John Chrysostom: Past, Present, Future. Edited by DoruCostache and Mario Baghos. Sydney: AIOCS, 2017
- John Chrysostom: Vision of the Angelic Life, in Sources of the Christian Self: A Cultural History of Christian Identity. Edited by James M. Houston and Jens Zimmermann. MI: Eerdmans, 2018
- Exemplar Portraits and the Interpretation of John Chrysostoms Doctrine of Recapitulation, in Revisioning John Chrysostom. Edited by Chris de Wit and Wendy Mayer. Leiden: Brill, 2019
- Friends, Foes and Chrysostoms Trinitarian Discourse. Presented at the 2017 Asia Pacific Early Christian Studies Conference. To be submitted as part of conference proceedings to Scrinium (Journal of Patrology and Critical hagiography, Brill) for publication in 2018.
- The Dao of Healing: Christian Perspectives on Chinese Medicine. Singapore: Graceworks, 201