Dr Kwa Kiem Kiok
DIRECTOR (ENGAGEMENT PROGRAMS) LECTURER IN MISSIOLOGY AND INTER-DISCIPLINARY STUDIES
Kiem-Kiok, is Lecturer in missiology and interdisciplinary studies. She brings her legal and theological training, as well as work experience in marketplace, church and para-church organisations into this role. Previously she was lecturer and registrar at East Asia School of Theology where she taught a variety of courses in intercultural studies. She has published on a diverse range of subjects including a contextual commentary on Matthew(ATA, 2017), contributed to the Dictionary of Christian Spirituality (Zondervan, 2011) as well as on religious harmony in Faith in an Age of Terror (BGST, 2018). She and her husband, a Methodist pastor, enjoy walking in the outdoors.
- Member, Domain Specific Review Board A, National Health Group, since 2009.
- Member, National Medical Ethics Committee, since 2010.
- Member, Transplant Ethics Committee, since 2012.
- Participant and presenter, The Role of Women in the Asian Church: Perspectives from a new Generation of Asian Women Theologians. September 2012, Trinity Theological College, Singapore
- Participant, Beyond Literate Western Contexts: Honor, Shame and Assessment of Orality Preference. July 2014, International Orality Network.
- Participant and Chair of discussion, Christianity, Anthropology and the Problem of Difference. February 2015, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- Participant, Urban Mission and Urban Transformation Consultation, Asian Centre for Mission, Kota Kinabalu, 2018
- Towards a Model of Engagement in the Public Realm for the Methodist Church in Singapore (2007)
- ID101: Christianity, Culture and Society
- ME103: Theology of Missions
- A Chinese Christian Learns from Confucius in Asbury Journal, Fall 2008, Vol.63, No.2
- Book Review Subverting Global Myths in GCF Bulletin Dec 2008
- Book Review and Recommended Books Section in Mission Round Table, The Occasional Bulletin of OMF Mission Research, Dec 2008
- Law and Justice, Some Christian Perspectives, (Genesis, TTC, 2009) co-editor
- To Love Justice and to Walk Humbly in Law and Justice, Some Christian Perspectives(Genesis, TTC, 2009) pp. 147 174
- To Have and to Hold Theological and Legal Reflections on Marriage and Divorce in Singapore in Church and Society in Asia Today (Vol.12, No.3 December 2009) pp.131-140
- Cho, David Yonggi; Compassion; Griffiths, Bede; Heiler, Friedrich; Hsi, Pastor; Jones, E. Stanley; Otto, Rudolf; and Public Life and Spirituality in Glen Scorgie, General Ed., Dictionary of Christian Spirituality (Zondervan, 2011)
- Being in Community: Practices Which Build Up Church Life (co-authored with Ivan Tan) in Daniel K.S. Koh (ed), Christian Ministry: Love in Action (Methodist Welfare Services, 2012), pp.29 40.
- Book Review in Mission Round Table, The Occasional Bulletin of OMF Mission Research, September 2012,Vol.7 No.2
- Whither Christians in Civil Society in Singapore? in Church and Society in Asia Today(Vol.16, No.1, April 2013) pp.35 41.
- Public Theology: Learning from Women in Maggie Low (ed.) Courage, Collaboration and the Common Good: Reflections by Asian Women Theologians (Singapore, TTC: 2014), pp.49- 56
- Discipleship in Johns Gospel in Fergus J. King A Guide to St Johns Gospel (SPCK, 2015) pp.274-279.
- Matthew: A Pastoral and Contextual Commentary, with Samson L. Uytanlet, Asia Bible Commentary Series, (Langham Global Library, 2017)
- Proclaiming the Gospel through the Use of Church Banners: A Case Study from Singapore in Orality Journal (Vol.6, No.1, 2017) pp.39-48
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made on https://ethosinstitute.sg/articles/feature/ (March 2017 Feature Article)
- Building on Studies in Law in Why Study? Exploring the Face of God in Academy(Fellowship of Evangelical Students, Singapore, 2017)
- Mentoring with a Light Touch in Running With Unwavering Passion: Essays on Christian Service (East Asia School of Theology, 2017)
- “Justice and the Ecological Crisis” in Justice and the Common Good (Singapore, Bible Society, 2018).
- “Maintaining Religious Harmony: Tensions with Terrorism” in Quek Tze-Ming and Philip Satterthwaite, Eds., Faith in the Context of Terrorism (Singapore, BGST, 2018)
- Seeking the Shalom in the City (Singapore, Bible Society, 2018).