Mr Quek Tze-Ming
DIRECTOR (POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS), LECTURER IN NEW TESTAMENT, NEW TESTAMENT GREEK & HERMENEUTICS. After leaving legal practice, Tze-Ming served in student ministry with the Fellowship of Evangelical Students (Singapore). He then commenced theological studies, receiving a DipCS from BGST, an MDiv and a ThM from Regent College. He is presently a PhD candidate in New Testament Studies at the University of Cambridge where he is researching the use of the Old Testament in the New. Tze-Ming serves in the teaching ministry of his church. He is married to Sharon and maintains a lively interest in local food, football, and movies.
- “The New Jerusalem as God’s Palace-Temple: An Exegetical Study of the Eden-Temple and Escalation Motifs in Rev 21.1-22.5.” (Th.M., Regent College, 2004. Supervisor: Dr. Rikki E. Watts).
BGST Courses Taught
- NT101: New Testament Foundations 1 (Gospels and Acts)
- NT102: New Testament Foundations 2 (Romans-Revelation)
- TS282/MM280: Jesus on the Silver Screen: Portrayal of Jesus and Christ Figures in Film
- NT363: The Lamb, the Dragon, and the Holy City: Study of the Book of Revelation
- NT364: Reading Revelation Ethically: The Last Word on Empire, Economics, Ecology
- MTH515: Seminar on the Use of the Old Testament in the New
- BG111: Biblical Greek 1
- BG112: Biblical Greek 2
- BG211: Biblical Greek Readings & Exegesis 1
- BG212: Biblical Greek Readings & Exegesis 2
- BG253: New Testament Textual Criticism
- ID101: Christianity, Culture & Society
- Faith in an Age of Terror. Editor, with Philip E. Satterthwaite. Singapore: Armour Publishing, 2017.
- An Owl's Journey: Essays to Commemorate the 70th Birthday of David W.F. Wong. Editor, with Dev C. Menon. Singapore: Graceworks, 2019
- "A Text-Critical Study of John 1.34." New Testament Studies 55.1 (2009): 22-34.
- "I will give authority over the nations: Psalm 2:8-9 in Revelation 2:26-27.” Pages 175-187 in Early Christian Literature and Intertextuality. Volume 2: Exegetical Studies. Edited by Craig. A. Evans, and H. Daniel Zacharias. Studies on Scripture in Early Judaism and Christianity 15. Library of New Testament Studies 392. London: T & T Clark, 2009.
- “The Origin of J. Gresham Machen’s Religion.” In The Joy of the Lord: Essays in Honour of Quek Swee Hwa. Edited by Philip E. Satterthwaite and David W. F. Wong. Singapore: Finishing Well Ministries, 2012.s
- “Threats from the Inside.” Pages 56-63 in It’s Not About the Wall: The Message of Nehemiah. Dev Menon, Quek Tze-Ming, Steven H. C. Tan, and David W. F. Wong. Singapore: Finish Well Ministries, 2012.
- “Afterword.” Pages 125-129 in God’s Gardeners: Creation Care Stories From Singapore and Malaysia. Edited by Melissa Ong and Prarthini M. Selveindran. Singapore: Graceworks, 2020.
- “Homosexuality and the New Testament.” Pages 33-49 in Homosexuality, the Bible and the Church. Edited by Keith Lai, Terry Kee, and Ngoei Foong Nghian. Singapore: National Council Christian Churches, 2021
- “Homosexuality and the Christian Tradition.” With Lai Pak Wah. Pages 51-70 in Homosexuality, the Bible and the Church. Edited by Keith Lai, Terry Kee, and Ngoei Foong Nghian. Singapore: National Council Christian Churches, 2021.
- “The Davidssohnfrage in Mark 12.35-37: Another Look.” Paper presented paper in the Synoptic Gospels Section, Society of Biblical Literature International Meeting: Singapore, June 2005
- “You are (This is) my Son (chosen one/servant of God) - An Examination of the Tradition History of the Heavenly Voice at the Baptism of Jesus.” Paper presented at Oxbridge Biblical Studies Day Conference: Cambridge, May 2007.
- “‘I will give authority over the nations’: Psalm 2.8-9 in Revelation 2.26c-27.”Paper presented at the Scripture in Early Judaism and Christianity Programme Unit, Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting: San Diego, Nov 2007.
- “The Bible and Homosexuality”. Paper presented at Ethos Institute for Public Christianity Conference on Human Sexuality, Marriage & the Church: Singapore, Jul 2016. Video Recording at https://ethosinstitute.sg/videos/humansexualityvideos/
- "The Gospel Gets Out in Ephesus" (Acts 19:21-20:16) - Sep 12, 2021 at Zion Bishan B-P Church
- "It is Finished" (John 19.16b-30) - A Sermon on Good Friday Apr 2, 2021 at Bethesda Chapel
- "The Return of the King" (Rev 19.11-21) - Sep 20, 2020 at The Bible Church