Mr Quek Tze-Ming
DIRECTOR (POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS), LECTURER IN NEW TESTAMENT, NEW TESTAMENT GREEK & HERMENEUTICS.
LLB (Hons) (National University of Singapore), Grad Dip CS (Biblical Graduate School of Theology), MDiv, ThM (Regent College, Vancouver), PhD Candidate (University of Cambridge).
Mr Quek is a Ph.D candidate in New Testament Studies at the University of Cambridge. His special area of studies is in the use of the Old Testament in the New. After leaving legal practice, he served in student ministry with the Fellowship of Evangelical Students (Singapore). He then commenced theological studies, receiving a Dip. C.S. from BGST, a M.Div and a Th.M from Regent College, Vancouver. He is married to Sharon, and they have two daughters. He serves in the teaching ministry of his church, and maintains a lively interest in local food, football, and movies
- “The New Jerusalem as God’s Palace-Temple: An Exegetical Study of the Eden-Temple and Escalation Motifs in Rev 21.1-22.5.” (Th.M., Regent College, 2004. Supervisor: Dr. Rikki E. Watts).
- NT101: New Testament Foundations 1 (Gospels and Acts)
- NT102: New Testament Foundations 2 (Romans-Revelation)
- TS282/MM280: Jesus on the Silver Screen: Portrayal of Jesus and Christ Figures in Film
- NT363: The Lamb, the Dragon, and the Holy City: Study of the Book of Revelation
- NT364: Reading Revelation Ethically: The Last Word on Empire, Economics, Ecology
- MTH515: Seminar on the Use of the Old Testament in the New
- BG111: Biblical Greek 1
- BG112: Biblical Greek 2
- BG211: Biblical Greek Readings & Exegesis 1
- BG212: Biblical Greek Readings & Exegesis 2
- BG253: New Testament Textual Criticism
- ID101: Christianity, Culture & Society
- A Text-Critical Study of John 1.34. New Testament Studies 55.1 (2009): 22-34.
- I will give authority over the nations: Psalm 2:89 in Revelation 2:26c27, in C.E. Evans and H.D. Zacharias (eds.), Early Christian Literature and Intertextuality. Volume 2: Exegetical Studies (T & T Clark, 2009)
- The Bible and Homosexuality. In Human Sexuality, Marriage and the Church. Edited by Roland Chia. Ethos Institute Engagement Series. Singapore: Bible Society of Singapore, 2018 Forthcoming.
- Faith in an Age of Terror. Editor, with Philip E. Satterthwaite. Singapore: Armour Publishing, 2017
- An Owl's Journey: Essays to Commemorate the 70th Birthday of David W.F. Wong. Editor, with Dev C. Menon. Singapore: Graceworks, 2019