Dr Tan Seng Kong
DIRECTOR (SPIRITUAL FORMATION & EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES), LECTURER OF SYSTEMATIC AND SPIRITUAL THEOLOGY
BA (National University of Singapore), BArch (National University of Singapore), MATS (Regent College, Vancouver), PhD (Princeton Theological Seminary)
Seng Kong is our Lecturer of Systematic and Spiritual Theology. He is a graduate from Regent College, Vancouver (MA, Spiritual Theology). Seng Kong completed his PhD in Systematic Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary, where he focused his research on Jonathan Edwards's doctrine of salvation. Seng Kong was trained as an architect and with his family, worships at Bethel Assembly of God.
- “Emanation and Remanation”: Trinitarian Self-Communication as the Ground and Goal of Human Participation in God in the Thought of Jonathan Edwards.
- TS101: The Christian Faith (TS101)
- TS211 and TS212: Theological Foundations I & II
- TS252: Christian Ethics
- TS217: Salvation in Christ
- CS211: Ancient Wisdom for Everyday Christianity: Reading the Spiritual Classics of Christianity (with effect from 2018)
- CS101: Christian Spirituality I: Foundations for Everyday Life (Team Teaching with Lai Pak Wah)
- CS102: Christian Spirituality II: Practices for Discernment and Discipleship (Practicum to be launched in 2018. Mentor)
- BGST Church History Tour: Reformation to 20th Century (2017)
- The Doctrine of the Trinity in John Wesleys Prose and Poetic Works, Journal for Christian Theological Research 7 (2002): 3-14, http://www2.luthersem.edu/ctrf/JCTR/Vol07/Seng-Kong.pdf.
- Review of The Social God and the Relational Self: A Trinitarian Theology of the Imago Dei, by Stanley J. Grenz, Koinonia Journal 15 (2003): 150-153.
- Calvins Doctrine of Our Union with Christ, Quodlibet Online Journal of Christian Theology and Philosophy 5, no. 4 (October 2003), http://www.quodlibet.net/articles/tan-union.shtml.
- A Trinitarian Ontology of Missions, International Review of Missions 93, no. 369 (April 2004): 279-296.
- Trinitarian Action in the Incarnation, in Jonathan Edwards as Contemporary: Essays in Honor of Sang Hyun Lee, ed. Don Schweitzer (New York: Peter Lang, 2010), 127-150.
- Fullness Received and Returned: Trinity and Participation in Jonathan Edwards (Fortress Press, 2014).
- Jonathan Edwardss Dynamic Idealism and Cosmic Christology, in Idealism and Christian Theology, ed. Joshua R. Farris and S. Mark Hamilton (Bloomsbury Academic, 2016).
- Incarnation, in The Jonathan Edwards Encyclopedia, ed. Harry S. Stout (Eerdmans, 2017)
- “Learning from Jonathan Edwards Toward a Trinitarian Theology of Action and Contemplation”, in The Global Edwards, ed. Rhys S. Bezzant (Wipf & Stock, 2017).
- Pneumatology [tentative title], in Jonathan Edwards and Karl Barth: Innovations and Dialogue in the Reformed Tradition, ed. Uche Anizor and Kyle Strobel (Fortress Press, forthcoming)