General Formatting for All Assignments
a.) Title Page
(Sample of title page)
b.) Running Page Headers
A running page header with the following student information should appear on all pages (except the title page):
c.) Assignment Presentation
Clarity and pleasing appearance are aided by:
- Leaving reasonable margins.
- Leaving a one-line gap between paragraphs.
- Using 1.5 line spacing.
- Using clear, readable fonts of 12-point size (e.g. Times New Roman or Arial for general usage, and Cardo when Unicode fonts are required for biblical languages).
- Using footnotes rather than endnotes.
- Following the Turabian or Chicago Style for all style and formatting of the assignments’ main text, footnotes, and bibliography; and the SBL Handbook of Style for special items of citation unique to biblical studies.
- Numbering your pages.